Monday, February 22, 2016

Vintage Goodies for the Potting Shed


I have been gathering up decorative and fun items for my potting shed.
I found a reprint of a vintage Burpee's poster on eBay.  On Saturday I
was in Hobby Lobby to pick up "just" glass beads for a vase when I 
stumbled upon two cute wooden signs.  There is one for Thyme and
another for Rosemary.  

I have to limit my visits to Hobby Lobby because they can so 
easily reel me in and I usually end of buying more than I planned ;-)




Some vintage gardening books will live on one of the shelves of
the armoire I am refinishing.  I have to repaint it and then beat it up
with some chains to distress it quite a bit.  It's going to be a wonderful
way to let out my anger about whatever is bugging me at the time.




I love this zinc mounting board with the distressed black frame.  I 
purchased this at that cute little shop called Smitten up in Fredericksburg
a couple of years ago.  I wasn't sure how I was going to use it when
I first bought it, so that is why I have not shown it to you until now.
Now I know it will be a fun way to post gardening articles and pictures.
I wish the shop had a website … no, come to think of it, it's probably
better for me if they don't.  I am totally smitten with Smitten and I
will spend less if I have to drive three hours to get there.  Do you
see how I am saving us all money all of the time???




I bought these cute little floral magnets there too.  

That's it for today.  I am preparing for a big post about last night's 
Downton Abbey.  So much to say about the sparing sisters on that
episode!  


I loved the scene from last night's episode where the new puppy 
was in his wicker dog bed chewing on the sides.  Bentley had
a wicker dog bed when he was a pup and he did the same thing!

Big Texas Hugs,
Susan and Bentley





2 comments:

  1. I didn't watch Downton yet so I had to skip past that part!!! But I can't wait to see the garden shed when it's done - I'm working on mine a little at a time also. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These goodies will be perfect in your potting shed, I am looking forward to seeing them all nestled in!

    ReplyDelete

Oliver and I LOVE and read every comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...