Thursday, August 6, 2015

Help Me Decide


Look at this chair.  I saw this last spring at Antique Week up in Round Top.
I have two chairs like this one, except that they have cane backs, the seats 
are covered in brown suede and the frame is in a pickled finish.  They
belonged to my parents.  

I thought about selling them,  but I keep vacillating back and forth on
that thought.  I am afraid that if I sell them, I will end up regretting the
decision.  

Now, although I really like the blue and white stripes on this chair,
if I use them in the living room, I will have to use a red fabric.
Maybe a stripe or a check.



When I was in Houston a couple of weeks ago, I took a pic of this 
pile of loveliness and I keep looking at the red and white stripe on
this chair.  I love that the frame is not too white, but a well worn
creamy finish.  I love the stripe on the chair too.

What do you think?  Should I try to reproduce this look on
my own chairs?  I suppose I could still sell them if it doesn't
work out in my living room.

Any and all comments will be greatly appreciated!

Big Texas Hugs,
Susan and Bentley

9 comments:

  1. The chairs are very nice and it would be great if you could keep them. I love anything red and I think a checkered pattern would look nice.

    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep the chairs. I adore cane back and regret not keeping my Granny's old cane back chair (it was uncomfortable for me -- I never fit -- too short). Stripes and an antique"y" finish ... wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keep them! I think they would be lovely covered with a red and white ticking fabric and painted a creamy white chalk paint.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the red stripe would be gorgeous in your living room. How's the wallpaper stripping coming along?

    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Susan, I have a red and cream stripe on my dining room chairs and love it. Very classic. I think you'd enjoy the red and white stripe.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I say keep them! The red strip will be lovely on the chairs.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Keep the chairs.....love the red stripe, and how about a large Buffalo check in red?? You can introduce blue into the living room, you have it in other rooms.......

    ReplyDelete
  8. I too think you should keep them. They look awesome. I like the stripe as is so red with a cream stripe would be stunning too. They photo you took would be nice too. It's whatever fits in with your decor. If they were mine I would love a toile or large rose/flower design because they would go with my decor more.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think red and white Buffalo checks or red and white stripes would look so nice. I would keep them.

    ReplyDelete

Oliver and I LOVE and read every comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...