Saturday, September 8, 2012

Funky Junk for the Cabin



I never need an excuse to decorate, but it's always helpful to have one.
I am focusing on the cabin.  It's a double edged sword that we have a storage
facility.  On on the one hand, we have furniture to furnish the cabin, on 
the other hand ~ I still have space in the storage unit.  Oh oh, you know
what that means ...



I always look for kitchen "junk" too.  Just look at these darling vintage
kitchen tools.  What a collection of green handled beauties.  I love
them all!




This is a mini "Hoosier cabinet".  Perfectly adorable!




And just look ... a sliding cutting board too!




A vintage green kerosene camp stove.  How cute is that???



It's not like I need any more dishes ~ but really it's transferware.  We all love
that don't we?




This just screams vintage fishing camp to me.  Imagine freshly brewed coffee
in the morning out of this sweet pot.  



Vintage splatter ware coffee pots.  Even at 25% off these are quite dear.



Vintage fishing creels.  What cabin could be without one, or two ...




or three?




I love these vintage wood tennis rackets.  Not very practical, but
oh how charming.  Even my best buddy Robin will think that they
are great to display.  Hey Mom ~ whatever happened to the one I had
as a kid???




Vintage snow shoes ~ well we are up in the mountains after all.



I am going to have to raid my Mom's photo album for some old family
picnic and camping photos.



A vintage lantern for the possibility of a black out.




Here is another one.  I love it!  I may have to go back and get 
this one!




Okay ~ that's a wrap of today's shopping trip.  Let's head on over to ...

and
and

What do you think Bentley?  Didn't Momma see some great things
for the cabin this afternoon???

Hugs,
Susan and Bentley




12 comments:

  1. What a fun shopping day and such great finds!! That mini Hoosier cabinet is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely some fun stuff for the cabin. Happy Sunday......sarah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful stuff especially the green handled kitchen gadgets. Wouldn't mind living near that shop x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow that place is full of fun things! Love all the green:@)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow ~ I would have bought up everything. Love the green handled kitchen gadgets and that mini hoosier ~ what a beauty. That place is just a treasure hunter's paradise. I would love to come up your way and check it out ~ Happy Sunday ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So many wonderful things! I love looking at the kitchen items with you!
    hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fascinating shop! Did you bring anything home for the cabin???

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a great shop! I love the spatterware coffee pots!

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lots of Good information in your post, I favorited your blog post so I can visit again in the future, Thanks.
    basement remodeling northern Virginia

    ReplyDelete
  10. That looks like a great place to shop for things for the cabin. I love the old kitchen tools and the vintage splatter ware coffee pots. We are doing a total kitchen remodel and I've been looking at old kitchen items to put on some shelves in the new kitchen when it is all done.
    Have a great Sunday.
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Put me in an antique mall - I am IN HEAVEN! Very fun vignettes!

    ReplyDelete
  12. There are some wonderful things there. I was wanting some snow shoes like those to decorate a room with. I'm here with my other blog.
    Hope you have a good week.
    Pat from Topiary Rose

    ReplyDelete

Oliver and I LOVE and read every comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...