Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Happy Birthday Idaho!




Today is the 122th birthday of the state of Idaho.  My husband and I are
transplants to this state.  Bentley is an Idaho native, born one block away
from our cottage.

While David and I are transplants, we are proud to call Idaho home.
Majestic mountains.  Dense forests.  3,100 miles of rivers ~
more than any other state!


Deep pristine mountain lakes.  Lake Pend Oreille in the northern
pandhandle is the fifth deepest lake in the US.  It was used as 
a naval training base during WWII.



Idaho has more square miles of wilderness than any other state
in the lower 48. 




Eagles soar.  Bears roam.  Salmon swim.  



Beautiful Idaho ~ wild and free.
Happy Birthday to my adopted home!

Bentley ~ you are an Idaho native and proof that 
cute puppies live here.

Hugs,
Susan and Bentley

4 comments:

  1. I've thought I would love it there. Big expanses of space, water. And nature, of course, follows.
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday, Idaho. We spent a week in 1999 white water rafting the Snake River in Hells Canyon. What a memorable adventure. I'm not exactly a camper, but this is what is considered luxury camping. ;-)
    Have a great 4th of July! ~ Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  3. a very nice tribute to Idaho. Where are you from?
    I think each state has it great places. Is that the spot for your country cabin?
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete

Oliver and I LOVE and read every comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...