Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Beach Dreams


I am stuck in the city and the closest I will get to the beach is
dreaming beach dreams.  To say that I have cabin fever is an 
understatement.  I have not had a vacation out of the state in 
six years.  But I can dream can't I?



While I am setting up this seaside tablescape I am wondering what to make for
dinner and suddenly it dawns on me ...

ciopinno!




I went to the market and bought shrimp, clams, rock fish and
some scallops.  Ciopinno can be made with whatever fish is fresh,
but generally has some type of shellfish included.  It's the yummiest
seafood stew and is a meal in itself served with some French bread.




Some good wines to serve to continue with our beach theme would be
this Ocean Blue 2010 Vinho Verde from northern Portugal.

Or ...



How about a merlot from Barefoot Cellars in Napa, California?




Of course, if you are not a wine drinker ~ how about
a Nantucket Nectars lemonade?




Since I am just about to prepare the ciopinno, I will share that
with you for another post.  Maybe later I will re-read A Gift From the Sea.

Sail on over and visit ~


Bentley ~ maybe you and I will be able to fly to Chicago later this
summer or early this fall.  We need a break!

Hugs,
Susan and Bentley

20 comments:

  1. Love those cute plates! Great tablescape and I will right over for a glass of wine! Hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just loving the fish around the plates.. ooh soo cool. Perfect with the striped placemats. Save me a glass.. xo marlis

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am also itching to stick my toes in the sand and sea. Very pretty tablescape, lovely colors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. love it Susan..

    I am doing a beachy theme in my bedroom. May I ask please where I could get the picture you have in your vignette background? the one with the seaside homes..

    thanks so much

    ReplyDelete
  5. love your beach setting. It is hot here but we are near the lake. I think sometimes you don't need to leave home to be on vacation.
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Susan, we were definitely thinking along the same lines! :) Beach Dreaming! I love your fish plates. Seeing your wines reminded to see what I can find at the grocery store today.....anything with a water theme will be fun. Family is coming next week and we are having a pool party. Off to the store I go this morning. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds so good, cuz it's getting hot here in Texas. The placemeats and tablesetting are so summery. Can't wait to see the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's fun to find those great drinks and accessories for the beach theme. Love the fish bordered plates!

    ReplyDelete
  9. A Gift from the Sea is a great book! Lovely summertime-beachy post, Susan. I need a beach trip, too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've been beach dreaming, too. What a great idea to have a beach themed dinner. The next best thing to being there.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Vacations have been abscent for a while for us too, but you are so right about dreaming and setting the mood for a mental holiday. You have all the props in place to set the stage (: Can't wait to hear more about that recipe!!

    Take care,
    Michele
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Susan, if you are to serve a fish soup/stew with French bread, it must be bouillabaisse, not cioppino! LOL
    I love those fish rimmed dishes with the multi colored striped place mats and napkins, makes me feel like I am really at the beach.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Land locked in St. Louis too! I loved your beach inspired table setting, especially those aqua fish! The menu and wine pairings sound spot on. When's dinner? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very cute! What could be better than a glass of wine, some delicious seafood, and a great book! LOVE those plates and the striped placemats and napkins are very beachy!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely table, those fish salt and peppers are so cute!
    I'll take the lemonade!
    I think it has been 25 yrs since i went on vacation! I live in Southampton where many come to go on vacation, so dh thinks that's good enough! We are near the Bay, it is down the block!
    Thanks for linking to Let's Dish

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your beach table does look dreamy!! I hope it took you away. Love the fish plates and placemat/napkin combo. Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I just love the striped place mats. Enjoy your cioppino - one of my husband's specialities- and served with a yummy bread, you can't go wrong!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love your beach dreaming! It is so far from here - the colors - the sound and the sights so fabulous! Love your placemats - so cheerful and the wicker fish! Cool! Beautiful dream setting!
    I appreciate you sharing with Home and Garden Thursday,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thank you for joining me at Home Sweet Home!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete

Oliver and I LOVE and read every comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...