Monday, August 22, 2011

Tea Cups and Violets



Tea cups, demitasse, cups and saucers in all sizes are treasures I love
to hunt for and to collect.





I found this darling cup and saucer at one of my favorite antique shops
the other day and since it was very inexpensive and I loved it ~
I could not pass it up.



Then I found this adorable miniature African Violet at my local
co-op and I thought ~ hmm, maybe it will fit inside the little cup and
saucer I just bought.  Well it does and I love the two together!

Joining ~

Marty
Linda
Terri
 Martha
and
Kathy

Bentley ~ this is the first week of school.  You will be very busy
greeting all the kids as they walk by our cottage on their way
to school!

Hugs,
Susan and Bentley

15 comments:

  1. That pretty little cup is just the right thing for that violet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all these pieces. Such a pretty pattern.

    Jocelyn @
    http://justalittlesouthernhospitality.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sure Bentley will be on guard and ready to greet the kids! Love all your violets!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great find, Sister. Bentley, maybe you can beg for a treat or two from the school kids :)
    xoxo
    Me

    ReplyDelete
  5. Best buy!
    And I love that pretty cup and saucer.

    Cassy from Country Guitar Lessons

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a sweet teacup and it looks perfect with the violet! Simply beautiful! Thank you for sharing your lovely post with A Return to Loveliness,
    God Bless,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love little tea cup and saucers. My mother has a lovely collection of them. Bentley will enjoy the people traffic that always happens this time of year.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the colours of your new teacup and the mini violet looks right at home.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Susan ~ you are a girl after my own heart ~ I love tea cups (yours are just beautiful) and I love violets. I am quite a few ~ they remind me of my grandmother ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your teacups are so pretty. The one with the miniature African Violet is perfect. Your pretty teacups reminded me that I have some packed away. I should look for them.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just beautiful, Susan. African violets always remind me of my precious grandmother. She loved to grow them. Sweet, sweet memories.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi: Tea Cups ar beautiful. I love the African violets. What a great way to display your cups. Have a great week. Blessings, Martha

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous! Your new cup really is special. I adore the colors and the flowers on it. The violets look amazing in it. Great thinking!
    Hugs,
    Terri

    ReplyDelete
  14. OMGoodness! Is have lots of tea cups and saucers, now all I need is a wee miniature African Violet.

    ReplyDelete

Oliver and I LOVE and read every comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...